Simultaneous Thermal Analysis( STA ) DW5470H
Simultaneous Thermal Analysis is an instrument which generally refers to the simultaneous application of thermogravimetry (TGA) and differential thermal analysis (DTA) or differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) to one and the same sample in one test.
STA Analyzer DW5470H
Simultaneous Thermal Analysis STA is widely used in the determination of physical or chemical change on quantity of heat, such as melting point, heat of fusion, crystal and heat of crystallization, heat of phase transformation, heat stability (Oxidation induction time OIT), glass-transition temperature GTT, adsorption and desorption, componential content analysis, resolve, chemical combination, deprivation of body fluids, etc.
Follows are features of Simultaneous Thermal Analysis STA
- Heat flow method to acquire DSC data, drawing the curve of quantity of heat relative to temperature; The abscissa can be selected as temperature or time while the ordinate can be selected as mass or percentage;
- Adopt a mass-flow controller as the atmosphere controlling system (optional), three paths of stable-pressure and stable-flow gas can be switched automatically in experiments, with high accuracy, good repeatability and rapid to response;
- In-built balance can automatically measure the sample weight; By changing the supporting rod, the mass measuring range can be extended to be 5g;
- LCD real-timely displays the cell temperature, sample temperature, mass and the status of air system;
- Automatic measurement and curve-drawing, excellent software of processing DTA, TG, DTG, DDTG and other special data (such as DTA peak area, calculation of enthalpy, calculation of kinetic parameters, data comparison, activation energy, glass transition temperature, specific heat by comparative method, etc.).
Application of Simultaneous Thermal Analysis( STA )
Simultaneous Thermal Analysis combines TG of thermo gravimetric analysis and differential thermal analysis(DTA) or DSC of differential scanning Calorimeter in the same measurement, thermo gravimetric and differential thermal information can be obtained simultaneously by using the same sample.
Compared with the TG or DSC test, it has the following advantages:
The TG and DTA/DSC curves were more suitable to eliminate the influences of weighing, sample uniformity, temperature uniformity, atmosphere pressure and flow difference.
According to whether a certain thermal effect corresponds to mass change, it is helpful to distinguish the physicochemical process corresponding to the thermal effect (such as distinguishing melting peak, crystal peak, phase transition peak, decomposition peak, oxidation peak, etc.).
Simultaneous Thermal Analysis Standards
Key specification of Simultaneous Thermal Analysis DTA
|Temperature range||DW5470H-1: Room temperature~1150℃
DW5470H-2: Room temperature~125
DW5470H-3: Room temperature~1450℃
|Heating rate||1~80℃/min, randomly settable|
|Mass measuring range||1mg~300mg (can be extended to be 5g)|
|Thermal gravimetric noise||＜0.1μg|
|DSC measuring range||±1mW~±200mW|
|DTA measuring range||±1μv~±2000μv|
|Vacuum degree||Up to 0.001pa when equipped with
vacuum device (optional)